Bite Markets Busker-in-Residence competition heats up!
Caboolture local through to the finals with the dream of an album!
Plus – new kids’ menu celebrates Winter flavours
The voices are rallying! After another weekend of heats in the inaugural Bite Markets Busker-in-Residence competition, 16-year-old Matthew Potter from Caboolture is through to the Grand Final next Saturday, July 13. Matthew busked against three other competitors and was voted by diners as best-on-ground. He will now join Rhys Roberts from Narangba and Jack Sweeney from Bracken Ridge who were announced as finalists in last week’s heats.
Matthew takes his musical inspiration from Australian singer-songwriter Paul Kelly, and if he takes the title of Bite Markets Busker-in-Residence, aims to release an album.
All finalists will compete against each other in an epic battle of busking on July 13, with music lovers and fans encouraged to attend from 4pm.
Little Biters Menu Launched
The kids are OK at Bite Markets, with the dining destination now boasting a Little Biters menu. Almost 20 Flavour Markets have each created a dedicated Kids Dish, with some starting at $2.50, making Bite the perfect winter flavour destination for families!
- It’s a Wing Thing has their fabulous Popcorn chicken and sauce for $6
- Mexikhana Chipotle has Beef nachos, salsa and sour cream or cheese and guacamole for $6
- Romantica Woodfired Organic Pizza has a Margherita for $8 or a classic Ham & Cheese pizza for $9
- King of Hong Kong Dumplings has 3 chicken and chive dumplings for $7
- Smoke has Wagyu beef (smoked for 12 hours) with Carolina gold sauce and slaw for $7.5
- Ravneel’s Curry House has a Butter Chicken served with rice for $9
- September 18’ has 4 Soy Nuggets for $5
- Tibetan Momo Café has 4 pieces of fried chicken or pork dumplings with dipping sauce for $8
- Mister Churros have a glazed potato and cheese dumpling for $8
- Come on Mate! Gourmet Japanese has 3 prawn and vegetable gyozas for $5
- Nimo’s Schnitzels has a chicken schnitzel and chips for $7
- Kansai Pizza – The home of OkonomIyaki has a kids OkonomIyaki pizza for $4
- Brazzo Boys Brazilian BBQ has smoked chorizo, tomato salsa on bread for $7
- Mr Bunz has a chicken bun with mayonnaise for $6.50
- Zoes brownies has a sprinkle brownie for $2.50
- Dippin dots has a Shake It Up – ice cream and lollies – for $5 and a kid’s milkshake for $4.5
- And Profferjies has traditional profferjies with maple sauce & fresh strawberries for $8
Bite Markets has also welcomed brand-new open fire, but fully fenced pits for Winter.
Bite Markets at North Harbour stars over 40 Flavour Makers and bars, presented in customised shipping containers, surrounded by landscaped areas in a fully fenced dining precinct. Bite Markets will open EVERY Friday and Saturday from 4pm to 10pm, celebrating local flavours and dishes from around the world.
With parking for more than 800 cars and located at exit 150 off the Bruce Highway on Nolan Drive in Morayfield, just 12 minutes from North Lakes and 25 minutes from Brisbane, Bite Market overflows with taste, colour and entertainment for people and palates of all ages.
There’s also a dedicated children’s play zone called ‘The Paddock’ with AstroTurf (for fun in all weather conditions!), face painting, games and art & craft!
HOW TO GET TO BITE MARKETS at North Harbour
Take Exit 150 from the Bruce Highway to Nolan Drive, Morayfield. Follow the signs – 12 minutes from North Lakes and 25 minutes from Brisbane.
OPENING HOURS: BITE will open every Friday and Saturday from 4pm to 10pm.
ENTRY DETAILS: $3 entry for adults, children 12 year and under are free of charge.