The International Cake Show Australia will take place in Brisbane from this Friday to Sunday, May 18 to 20 and is Australia’s FIRST international cake show!
In a nutshell – it’s where foodies and fans join edible artists, cake decorators, cake bosses, pastry chefs, bakers, chocolatiers and food personalities from across the globe for three delicious days of super-cakes, cake collaborations, competitions, masterclasses and demonstrations.
International Cake Show Australia 2018 Event Details:
Date: Friday 18th May to Sunday 20th May, 2018
Location: Brisbane Showgrounds Exhibition Building, Upper Level Gregory Terrace, Bowen Hills
Australia’s Largest Cake Display
Hundreds of incredible cakes will be on display (some which have been flown in from around the world) for the Ultimate Cake Decorating Competition. Competition categories range from wedding cake artistry to cupcake bouquet design, sculpted busts, sugar-crafting, celebration cakes, edible art and buttercream cakes. There’s also architectural tribute cakes created to the theme “iconic Australian structure”, as well as geometric and abstract categories, and stylised edible flower designs. CAKE ARTISTS WILL BE PUTTING FINAL TOUCHES ON…
The life-sized Alice in Wonderland cake installation
A sight to behold – and enough to make Lewis Carroll blush – is the bursting-with-colour 3m x 3m gravity defying Alice in Wonderland exhibit. Meet the professional cake artists who have painstakingly re-created the children’s classic with hundreds of kilograms of cake and sugar. Catch a life-sized Alice falling down the rabbit hole, a life-sized Cheshire Cat, two huge sugar trees with hundreds of edible wafer paper leaves, massive sugar columns and a sugar gate pulsating with lights, a deck of playing cards, Tweedledum and Tweedledee, all the tea party treats and more. All Weekend!
The Giant Wedding Cake
Along with all the fanfare of Royal Marriage between HRH Prince Harry and Meghan Markle the giant, customised 6m x 3m Wedding Couture Cake created by a professional team of Australia’s best cake artists and royal icing specialists, led by internationally acclaimed cake designer Faye Cahill from Sydney, will be an event standout. All Weekend!
Haute Couture Designers Wedding Cake Marquee
The work of Australia’s top nine haute-couture wedding cake designers will be on display in the marquee. Vote They are competing for Australia’s best. They have made huge cakes fit for the royal wedding so lodge your vote at the show
The World’s Best Cake Artists
- Karen Portaleo – the world’s most awarded and recognised cake artist – will create a mystery masterpiece over the weekend! Karen has appeared on Food Network’s Cake Wars four times, Halloween Wars and Cake Wars winning all but one. Her to-die-for client list includes Elton John, Usher, Jane Fonda, Demi Moore and her work has starred on countless movie sets.
- The two-day live international Cake-Off Challenge on the main stage features Team Australia against Team International – six of the world’s most famous cake artists will compete to build masterpiece statement cakes from scratch. Team International features Paul Bradford (Scotland, UK), Dorothy Klerck (Wellington, Sth Africa), Timbo Sullivan (Ohio, USA) while Team Australia is Verusca Walker (Sydney), Margie Carter (Sydney) and Paul Delaney (Wollongong). Karen Portaleo (USA) the world’s most inspiring cake artist, and world champion artisan baker Shayne Greenman (AUS) will judge. Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th May 10am-3:30pm
- World-renowned cake sculptor Dorothy Klerck will appear at the show.
- In addition to the spectacular competition and public programs and exhibitions, there are dozens and dozens of pop up shops offering incredible specials and all that is sweet.
- The weekend features a program of masterclasses, activations and entertainment; there’s five workshop areas and more than 54 FREE demonstrations!
- There is a Cake Hospital for last minute emergency surgeries!
- The International Cake Show Australia is hosted by the Australian Cake Artists and Decorators Association (ACADA).